- Course Introduction
- Instructor Information
- Course Syllabus/ Weekly Schedule
- Where to go for Help?
- To-Do List
Course Number: CS225_400
Term Offered: All Terms
Instructor's Name: Samina Ehsan
Hello again! I’m Samina Ehsan, and I am the designer and instructor of CS-225_400: Discrete Structures in CS. This course deals with the mathematical and theoretical concepts that you will need in the later courses in this program. I hope you enjoy the course.
My office hours are on Tuesdays 6:00 - 8:00 pm PST (by appointment) and Sundays 9:00 -11:00 am PST (fixed) via Slack (Channel - #office_hours)/Zoom (TBD).
- Piazza is the best way to reach me for any course-related queries. We can refer back to our previous discussions here and also as it will be visible to the entire class. So, the other students will be able to get benefit from it. Not all posts require a reply from me and often it is better for students to hash out an answer to a question. But please email me if you do not receive a reply within 12 hours.
- Sending email firstname.lastname@example.org is the preferred way to only for matters of a personal nature related to the course (Please include the prefix CS225_400_F20 in the subject) or if you have not received a reply to your post on Piazza. Please resend the email if I do not respond within 24 hours.
- I can be reached via the class-specific Slack workspace/Zoom during my office hours. For details on getting set up on Slack, please visit here. The actual Workspace you should sign into is oregonstate.enterprise.slack.com. This will log you into your OSU slack account, where the class workspace class-cs225-f20 should be visible.
Course Guidelines+Syllabus, Weekly Schedule, and Syllabus Quiz:
- The detailed guidelines+syllabus for this course are provided in the following document -
- The weekly schedule for this course is provided in the following document-
- Students registered to this course must take a syllabus quiz by October 07, 2020. The syllabus quiz link for this course is provided as follows -Syllabus Quiz
Please use one of the following means to get help in this class -
Piazza is the best place to ask any course-related queries. Please post all course-related questions on Piazza so that the whole class may benefit from your conversation. This also means more people will be available to respond to your discussion posts. Moreover, when you respond to posts, you'll be helping out more people.
- Office Hours:
You can ask questions to the instructor or undergraduate learning assistants(ULAs) during their weekly office hours. Don't waste your time if you are not understanding a concept, rather ask the instructor or ULAs for help. Please find the office hours and contact information provided as below-
Instructor's Office Hours and Contact Information:
The instructor's office hours are on Tuesdays 6:00 - 8:00 pm PST (By Appointment) and Sundays 9:00 -11:00 am PST (Fixed) via Slack (Channel - #office_hours)/ Zoom (TBD).
Instructor email: email@example.com
Class slack workspace: class-cs225-f20
ULA Office Hours and Contact Information:
The Undergraduate Learning Assistants(ULAs) will hold fixed/by appointment weekly office hours starting from the week of September 28, 2020. Office hours are held via Slack (Channel - #office_hours)/ Zoom (TBD).
- Abate, Jered firstname.lastname@example.org (9:00 -11:00 am PST on Tuesdays)
- Adams, Ryan email@example.com ( 9:00 -11:00 am PST on Wednesdays)
- Chen, Junhong firstname.lastname@example.org (4:00 - 6:00 pm PST on Mondays)
- Davis, John A. email@example.com (1:30 - 3:30 pm PST on Thursdays)
- Lee, Dresden firstname.lastname@example.org ( 4:00 - 6:00 pm PST on Wednesdays )
- Maree, Laura email@example.com (5:00 - 7:00 pm PST on Fridays)
Please follow the tutoring information below if you need any course onboarding support from the peer or ecampus tutors -
1. CS peer tutoring: Tutoring_annoucement.pdf
2. Online tutoring: http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/services/student-services/online-tutoring/
You must complete the following introductory tasks by 11:59 pm PST, October 07, 2020 -
- Introduce yourself on Piazza.
- Read the syllabus and weekly schedule documents thoroughly. Mark your calendar with the due dates.
- Take the syllabus quiz. You will find the quiz here - Syllabus Quiz.
- Review the CIE Topics.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.