- Course Introduction
- Instructor Information
- Course Syllabus/ Weekly Schedule
- Where to go for Help?
- To-Do List
Course Number: CS225_400
Term Offered: All Terms
Instructor's Name: Samina Ehsan
Hello again! I’m Samina Ehsan, and I am the designer and instructor of CS-225_400: Discrete Structures in CS. This course deals with the mathematical and theoretical concepts that you will need in the later courses in this program. I hope you enjoy the course.
My office hours are on Tuesdays 6:00 - 8:00 pm PST (by appointment) and Sundays 9:00 -11:00 am PST (fixed) via Slack (Channel - #office_hours).
- Piazza is the best way to reach me for any course-related queries. We can refer back to our previous discussions here and also as it will be visible to the entire class. So, the other students will be able to get benefit from it. Not all posts require a reply from me and often it is better for students to hash out an answer to a question. But please email me if you do not receive a reply within 12 hours.
- Sending email firstname.lastname@example.org is the preferred way to only for matters of a personal nature related to the course (Please include the prefix CS225_400_S20 in the subject) or if you have not received a reply to your post on Piazza. Please resend the email if I do not respond within 24 hours.
- I can be reached via the class-specific Slack workspace during my office hours. For details on getting set up on Slack, please visit here. The actual Workspace you should sign into is oregonstate.enterprise.slack.com. This will log you into your OSU slack account, where the class workspace class-cs225-sp20 should be visible (it's available now!).
Course Guidelines+Syllabus, Weekly Schedule, and Syllabus Quiz:
- The detailed guidelines+syllabus for this course are provided in the following document -
- The weekly schedule for this course is provided in the following document-
- Students registered to this course must take a syllabus quiz by April 08, 2020. The syllabus quiz link for this course is provided as follows -Syllabus Quiz
Please use one of the following means to get help in this class -
Piazza is the best place to ask any course-related queries. Please post all course-related questions on Piazza so that the whole class may benefit from your conversation. This also means more people will be available to respond to your discussion posts. Moreover, when you respond to posts, you'll be helping out more people.
- Office Hours:
You can ask questions to the instructor or teaching assistants(TAs) during their weekly office hours. Don't waste your time if you are not understanding a concept, rather ask the instructor or TAs for help. Please find the office hours and contact information provided as below-
Instructor's Office Hours and Contact Information:
The instructor's office hours are on Tuesdays 6:00 - 8:00 pm PST (By Appointment) and Sundays 9:00 -11:00 am PST (Fixed) via Slack (Channel - #office_hours).
Instructor email: email@example.com
Class slack workspace: class-cs225-sp20
TA Office Hours and Contact Information:
The Teaching Assistants will hold fixed weekly office hours starting from week 2. Office hours are held via Slack (Channel - #office_hours).
- Adams, Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org (Thursdays 12:00 - 2:00 pm PST )
- Chan, King Hin email@example.com (Tuesdays 9:00 am - 11:00 am PST)
- Gonzalez, Rachel firstname.lastname@example.org (Mondays 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm PST)
- Hon, Luwey Ny email@example.com (Fridays 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm PST)
- Levaton, Zachary firstname.lastname@example.org (Fridays 5:00pm - 7:00 pm PST)
- Maree, Laura email@example.com (Wednesdays 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm PST)
- Wichser, Ben Jameson firstname.lastname@example.org (Saturdays 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PST)
Please follow the tutoring information below if you need any course onboarding support from the peer or ecampus tutors -
1. CS peer tutoring: Tutoring_annoucement.pdf
2. Online tutoring: http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/services/student-services/online-tutoring/
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.